Whether the “upper” or “lower” blood pressure measurement is important, in addition to experts were, for a long time divided. American scientists have now carried out my own study on the issue and found that both values are important. What to look for when measuring blood pressure should pay attention to.
- High blood pressure (hypertension) speak German doctors from a value higher than 140 mmHg.
- The systolic value is over the age of relevant.
- Systolic and diastolic blood pressure are diseases with a view to cardiovascular important.
Both blood pressure readings may show an increased risk for diseases such as heart attack or stroke. An American study shows that not only a higher value of the upper, systolic blood pressure indicates an increased risk of disease.
The bottom, diastolic value is a good indicator and should not be neglected, according to the research team in the journal “New England Journal of Medicine”.
In the age of the systolic blood pressure value is more important
So far, the experts were divided on whether both blood pressure values, equally well suitable, to an increased health to assess risk. Usually, the blood is pressure specified by two values – for example, 110 to 80 (systolic to diastolic).
Now article for later “Pocket” to save
So you use the practical Tool “Pocket”
The systolic value shows which pressure blood from the heart into the body is pressed. The diastolic value measures the blood pressure when the heart fills with blood between two heart beats.
Too high, too low? This is the optimum blood pressure value
The blood pressure devices measure in units of millimeters of Mercury. The abbreviation is mmHg. You referred to the pressure that is necessary to have liquid mercury in a tube with a mm lift.
- Doctors in Germany speak of high blood pressure (hypertension) from a value higher than 140 mmHg.
- The blood pressure drops below 105 mmHg, in front of is low blood pressure (hypotension).
- When optimally applies a blood pressure value of below 120 (systolic) and under 80 (diastolic).
Video – lower blood pressure without medication With these foods klappt's
FOCUS Online/Glomex Video on the topic of lower blood pressure without medication With these foods then it will work
In Germany to be involved in the diagnosis of high blood pressure both values. Ulrich Kintscher, Director of the Institute for pharmacology at the University hospital Charité in Berlin, sees this with the study, confirmed: “Here is confirmed by a very large amount of data, the importance of the diastolic value. In old age, the study also shows, is the systolic value is crucial, but in principle both should be respected.“
The lower value is a good indicator for heart attack risk
The US researchers had used for the current study, patient data from the private health insurer Kaiser Permanente Northern California. For the period between 2007 and 2016, received more than 36 million blood pressure measurements of about 1.3 million people. Over the patients, additional data are also known, such as age or pre-existing conditions.
There are different values for Europe and the United States apply
In the study, confirmed that elevated blood pressure increases the risk for certain cardiovascular diseases. In Europe, values are, as already mentioned, higher than 140 90 is considered to be increased.
In the United States, the border has reduced Recently and is now at 130 to 80. The study was based on two limit values. The analysis showed that the lower value is a good indicator for the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
You can also read:
- The most important sign of a diseased heart, also leg pain are a warning signal
- The 4-6-10-rule – psychology-Professor: How do you wegatmen Stress and high blood pressure easy to
- Advice for a healthy heart – A cardiologist reveals what he does for the protection of the heart
Low blood pressure readings are healthier
“There has been a long Controversy about what contributes to cardiovascular disease, systolic or diastolic blood pressure, or both,” writes Co-author Deepak Bhatt in a press release from Kaiser Permanente. “This analysis of long-term, extensive data shows convincingly that both are important. And it also shows that for otherwise healthy people, low blood pressure values are generally better.“
The German expert Kintscher is of the view that all adults should know their blood pressure. Depending on the height should then be periodically measured. “When hypertension is diagnosed, is now increasingly of the view of the self-measurement of patients, the patients should measure twice a day,” says the expert.
In addition to drugs, there would be good opportunities to take on blood pressure impact says Kintscher. This includes regular physical activity and a healthy, low-salt diet, therefore, are: “It helps to go walk the dog and to waive the finished products.”
Read on the topic of blood pressure:
- Fatigue, dizziness, or palpitations – signs of a high or low blood pressure are often nonspecific, but may be a hint to act. What are signs for high and low blood pressure, you can find here. .
- Nearly two million people in Germany suffer from congestive heart failure. Often, the weakness of the pump unnoticed. Whether you are at risk? A quick check tells you whether you should go to the doctor
Video on the topic: vascular Professor explains how you can protect at every meal, your arteries
FOCUS Online Video on the topic: vascular Professor explains how, at every meal, your arteries, protect