Health News

I was pronounced DEAD for three minutes after heatstroke

I was declared ‘DEAD’ for three minutes after suffering heatstroke – I’ve never experienced anything like it before

  • Jade claims she 32C heat caused was the reason she died for three minutes 
  • READ MORE: How to keep cool and stay safe in hot weather – expert advice

What happens when we die remains a mystery.

But now a 36-year-old woman has shared her own fascinating experience with the afterlife.

Jade, from Wisconsin, was declared technically ‘dead’ for three minutes after being struck down with what she describes as heat stroke. 

She said her body felt like it was ‘shrinking’ in the 32C sun until everything suddenly went ‘black’.

Describing her near-death ordeal, which occurred in 2011, Jade said: ‘That was the moment I knew I was about to pass away.’

Jade, from Wisconsin, was declared technically ‘dead’ for three minutes after being struck down with what she describes as heat stroke

She said her experience made her completely OK with dying because she wanted to sleep forever

Jade — whose surname isn’t known — shared her story on TikTok, where it amassed almost 200,000 views.

Her experience happened while she was visiting a friend in the ‘unbearable’ heat.

Before collapsing onto a sofa, she felt nauseous, dizzy and had a dry mouth — tell-tale signs of heat stroke, a life-threatening complication of overheating.

What is heatstroke?

Heatstroke is where the body is no longer able to cool itself and a person’s body temperature becomes dangerously high due to a long amount of time exposed to direct sunlight.

Common symptoms include:

  • Confusion, altered mental status, slurred speech
  • Not sweating – a sign of being dehydrated
  • Loss of consciousness, incoherence
  • Hot, dry skin or profuse sweating
  • Seizures
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Very high body temperature
  • Dizziness or a headache
  • Fast, strong pulse

When heatstroke occurs, the body’s temperature can rise to 106°F (41C) or higher within 10 to 15 minutes. Heat stroke can cause permanent disability or death if the person does not receive emergency treatment.

It can trigger cardiac arrest, in rare cases.

While on the sofa, Jade recalls being slumped over and making gurgling sounds.

She said: ‘Everything must have happened in a matter of moments.

‘But it felt like much longer and this profound feeling of utter sickness hit me like a tonne of bricks.

‘My head felt like it was inflating, yet my entire body as if it was shrinking. I had never known anything like it before.

‘It made me completely OK with dying because I wanted to sleep forever.’

Jade added: ‘Then, everything went black and that was the moment I knew I was about to pass away.’

Jade was rushed to St Vincent’s Hospital, where she claimed she was revived with a defibrillator. 

Defibrillators are used for cardiac arrest sufferers, with the sharp jolt restoring the heartbeat. Although Jade did not state explicitly that this is what she experienced.

Cardiac arrest is often considered ‘clinical death’ because the heart stops beating, cutting off blood supply to the brain.

Jade said she was rushed to the hospital, where medics allegedly told her she was dead for three minutes when she arrived. She spent four days there.

Jade was born with Wolff-Parkinson-White and postural tachycardia syndrome, two conditions that can cause increased heart rate. 

She believes they were a contributing factor to her near-death experience.

After sharing her story online, many viewers claimed they had gone through similar. 

‘I fainted TWICE that summer,’ one person said.

Someone else commented: ‘I was pregnant that summer. The heat was HORRIBLE!!!’

‘Your story was very interesting. Glad your safe,’ another person added.

Lauren said: ‘Was it scary? What did you see? I really panic about the thought of death.’

‘The thought of dying scares me so much I couldn’t even sit thru listening to this,’ one user commented. [sic]

‘June 3, 2022 I died. My husband did cpr for 37 minutes until EMS took over,’ Kate added.

Source: Read Full Article